If you currently operate an outbound dialler, the data you purchase is by far the most difficult thing to get right. Even the best software can be hampered if you don’t get the basics right when it comes to your data.
Find good quality data is quite tough, especially with new regulations such as GDPR that make it hard to source it in the first place; however, there are some great companies that specialise in good quality data.
Here’s what we look for in a great data batch.
1. Decide on your industry before you search
The main thing to understand, is that data isn’t a one size fits product. Sometimes, data that’s great for one company just won’t convert elsewhere.
At the basic level, there are a few different types of leads:
- Business to Business
- Business to Consumer
- Web leads
The type that you purchase, depends on a variety of factors:
- Whether you want colder leads or simple data.
- Whether you prefer to cold call leads, or would rather them arrive hot and ready to convert.
2. Making sure you find the correct company
A good data supplier will always comply with the law and relevant regulations. To spot companies like this, you just need to know what you’re looking for.
- Ask friends and work colleagues for referrals.
- Look for well established companies
- Look for positive reviews on social media and review websites
- Check to ensure your chosen company hasn’t fallen foul of Trading Standards
3. Checking data quality
Data quality isn’t a static value. Some companies can start with great data, before supplying you with worse quality as time goes on.
When checking data, there are some golden things to look out for:
- Older data that been packages as new. This is easy to spot, as you’ll come across leads that don’t live at their address anymore – or occasionally deceased residents.
- Web leads that are too old. Some companies, will sell web leads that have been obtained overnight – in an attempt to save money. The problem here, is that web leads work best when they’re very hot and brand new! To watch for this, look for a stream of leads that come in during each morning – also watching out for people who appear to have just applied yet aren’t answering their phone!